- Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires!
- Don’t leave the kitchen while food is cooking on the stovetop.
- If you have to leave for a short time, turn off the stove.
- Clean up spills and grease, continuously check items baking in the oven.
- Keep towels and combustibles away from the stove.
Cooking is the #1 cause of home fires, CLICK HERE for more information on cooking safety.
PREVENT SCALD BURNS! TURN POT HANDLES IN SO YOU CAN’T BUMP THEM AND CHILDREN CANNOT GRAB THEM!!
Home Escape Plans:
One home fire is reported in the United States every 87 seconds! Get everyone in the house involved in making the Home Escape Plan. Practice your home fire drill often!!
Stop by Crook County Fire & Rescue to pick up your copy of NFPA home fire safety brochures!
Home Escape Plan (click here to download)
Smoke & Fire Safety Planner (http://www.firesafetyplanner.org/)